New Student Orientaiton Program looking for Leaders
January 28, 2013 - Dorene DiNaro
Recruitment for the 2013 New Student Orientation Leaders has begun. The application deadline is Friday, February 8. Please visit: http://nso.unm.edu/about/orientation-leaders.html or Facebook page or contact the Dean of Student's office or 277-3361 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Interested applicants are urged to attend one of the four information sessions (dates are included below).
The New Student Orientation Program provides a campus leadership opportunity for UNM students. Although NSOLs work primarily during the summer, their presence is recognized on campus year-round by the student, faculty, and staff they influence and interact with. NSOLs are service-minded campus leaders and are vital to the success of our program! The New Student Orientation Program has started recruitment for the 2013 NSOL staff. Please read below for pertinent applicant information. The UNM Jobs application will available by Friday, January 25. Please check back here for the posting link.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 8 at 5:00 p.m.
Benefits of the Position
- Receive an overall compensation package valued at $4,500 - 6,000
- Gain skills in leadership, public speaking, managing groups, organization, teaching and facilitation
- Network with UNM departments, student organizations and the community
- Free summer housing at the UNM residence halls
- Completed minimum of one academic year at UNM by Spring '13
- 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be returning to UNM for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Ability to register for a 3 credit hour summer course
- Cannot hold interferring summer courses or jobs
- Must be available for every Lobo Orientation and TNT Session (Click Here for: Tentative Summer 2013 Session Dates)
- Filed 2012-2013 FAFSA by February 8, 2013
Information Sessions are hosted by the New Student Orientation Program to give potential applicants more information about the position expectations and to explain the application and interview process. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one session to learn more about the position. All sessions will take place in the Dean of Students Conference Room, UAEC 260. The dates and time of the Info Sessions are listed below:
1. Monday, February 4: 5:00 - 5:45 p.m.
2. Tuesday, February 5: 3:30 - 4:15 p.m.
3. Wednesday, February 6: 12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
4. Thursday, February 7: 2:00 - 2:45 p.m.
Walk in: Dean of Students Office, UAEC Room 280 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.