Career Services is Looking for Career Peers
August 25, 2015 - Dorene DiNaro
The UNM Office of Career Services is looking for 5 Career Peers. Career Peers are dynamic undergraduate students who will volunteer 6-10 hours a week (minimum of 100 hours per semester) as paraprofessional staff members in Career Services. The Career Peers’ mission is to serve as a link between OCS and the student body for purposes of outreach and career education. Peers participate in a variety of activities that support the OCS mission and promote personal development among members.
The benefits of becoming a career peer include:
- Gain experience helping people in a professional environment
- Direct contact with professionals, recruiters and employers
- Explore career opportunities from an insider’s perspective
- Mentorship with UNM Career Development Facilitators
- Gain lifelong resume writing and job searching skills
- Experience to put on your own resume or CV
- Specialize in your field of interest: Career counseling, Administrative work, Employer Outreach, Marketing, and IT
- Personal and professional development
Please see the complete job description for more details!