And the Louie Award Goes To...
November 4, 2019 - Dorene DiNaro
Last week at the Howl-Louie-Een Louie Awards Ceremony, coordinated by the 2019 Division of Student Affairs Fellows, staff and students were recognized for their outstanding service and commitment to our students. The winners of these prestigious golden Louie statues make a difference in the lives of students every day by carrying out the Division’s mission to inspire learning and academic success.
This year’s winners are:
- Outstanding Service providers - Frankie Flores, UNM LGBTQ Resource Center, and Dayra Fallad-Mendoza, Center for Academic Program Support.
- Department of the Year - American Indian Student Services
- Employee of the Year - Brandon Lorenzo, UNM Veteran and Military Resource Center
- Fellow of the Year - Brandi Stone, African American Student Services
- NUFP Mentor - Celestina Torres, College Enrichment Program
- Student Employee of the Year - Muskan (Mia) Amin, Dean of Students Office
James Holloway, UNM Provost, and Andrew Gonzalez, director, UNM College Enrichment and Outreach Programs were each presented with honorary Louie awards for their commitment and dedication to our students.
Employees can be nominated by any member of the UNM community based on their outstanding service to our students. Winners are chosen by a committee comprised of a diverse group of people from various UNM departments. For more information on the awards please click here. For more information on the OSA Fellowship program please click here.